New Testament Greek 2
New Testament Greek 2 THL204 (Bachelor of Theology) and THL443 (Graduate Diploma of Theology) is being taught at United Theological College in 2019 Session 2 by Jeff Aernie.
This subject extends competence in New Testament Greek. Building on New Testament Greek 1, it develops an extended knowledge of vocabulary and Greek grammar, syntax and idioms. Translation of more difficult passages from the New Testament in Greek is integral to the subject.
Call UTC to enrol for courses in 2018.
Phone 02 8838 8914
Office Hours: 9 am – 5 pm (Mon – Fri)
2018 UTC Education Prospectus – Downloadable PDF (2MB)
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to demonstrate enhanced facility with reading and comprehending the New Testament in Greek
- be able to recognise most of the vocabulary of the Greek New Testament
- be able to identify significant features of Greek grammar and syntax
- be able to translate passages from the Greek New Testament into English
- be able to conduct basic exegesis of passages from the Greek New Testament
- be able to demonstrate an enhanced appreciation of the importance of New Testament Greek for biblical and theological study
- demonstrate self-guided learning
The subject will cover the following topics:
- Thematic verbs (continued)
- Subjunctive mood
- Imperative mood
- Athematic verbs
- Intermediate translation (from Greek to English)
- Beginning exegesis of passages in Greek